Monday, June 14, 2004

I Want My Classic VH1

I saw Saved this weekend, and it solidified my love for Maclippy Culkin much like Igby Goes Down did for Kieran Culkan. Also, Mandy Moore was really funny in it. Also, so was Eva Amurri. One more thing: Patrick Fugit looks exactly like Jeff Tweedy.

I also viewed the preview for Napolean Dynamite, which looks excellent, despite its being distributed by MTV Films. The kid in it is Mormon, so I feel cosmicallly connected to him, like maybe he knows one of my hundreds of cousins in Utah or something.

I like Amanda Peet. She's good in everything I've seen her in, which is mostly horrible movies. Now she's filming a movie with Ashton Kutcher. Time to fire the agent.

We're going to see Super Size Me tonight. I'm already grateful to be a vegetarian and I've only seen the previews. Once, when I was in high school and I really liked a boy (he was a drummer in a band, natch), he took me to McDonald's and I ate a hamburger, just because I didn't want to make the mood awkward by telling him I was a vegetarian. Needless to say, I never made that mistake again.

Scarlett Johansson Crazy Watch Update: What the hell is this?

I'm so tired of the Oops! factor in this administration. "Oops! We were actually wrong about, well, everything. We're sorry. Wait, no we're not. Don't you know Reagan's dead?" Time to take Bush out of office, people. Vote like your life depends on it, because it does.

If I see one more thing about counting carbs I'm going to resurrect Atkins' body and spin it like a baton so the world can see how fat he was.

In closing, does anyone else love Swearengen as much as I do?

Lovely.

No comments: