Monday, February 07, 2005

I Can't Pick a Side to Pick a Fight On

My nephew was born last Thursday night at 10:21, weighing 9.8 pounds and 21 inches long. I got to help birth him, which I thought was going to be horrific, and actually was horrific, but in the beautiful cry-face sort of way. He was so pissed when he came out. I think he might have rolled his eyes.

My boss's wife/office manager asked me if my sister is a big woman, since the baby is so big, and even though my sister is kind of big (she got all the boobs in the family) I lied and told her my sister is just tall. I just don't want her to get all uppity about it, since one of her favorite things to do when she's not yelling at service people is to bitch about overweight people. Once, she showed me a picture of her daughter, making sure to point out the love handles her daughter was getting. Her daughter was eleven at the time.

I was told in my writing class that I use vague pronouns, hence the repetition of the phrases "my sister" and "her daughter" in that last bit.

Marathon in six days.

I'm happy to report that it's Conversation Heart season. I've already done my part, eating at least a million this weekend. When I just googled "Conversation Heart", look what I found! Make your own! Here's mine.

***Incidentally, I don't Google. It's just easier to say I googled something than to say I Yahoo! Search Engined something. Googling is for people who get excited about the new season of The West Wing.***

I had a dream that I was posting pictures on this site, and I kept getting really angry at myself for taking such typical photos. I think there was a picture of someone smiling, and I was like, 'Dammit, everybody smiles in pictures! Why can't you just be real?' So that means I really have to get going on this whole photo-posting thing. Especially when I land in Chicago.

In my opinion, T.O. won the Super Bowl just be showing up. Look at this picture of him. Hahahahaha. I heart him.

Go here for something special from Liz Phair. No, really. (Via Stereogum)

No comments: