Thursday, October 14, 2004

It's Just My Dad's Old Shirt

We're going to Chicago this weekend.

I made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and rice pudding last night with my mom. I love this time of year.

I ran three miles this morning. During the second I saw a dead bird on its back.

I had to share this with you.

We saw the Pixies on Sunday night. Gigantic.

My dog Lulu has an unexplained bump on her leg that we are now referring to as our second dog. Its name is "Bump."

I have this really great idea that I know will never come to fruition. It involves karaoke and costumes. You have to show up dressed as the person whose song you're singing, and also in the correct era of the artist. Like 80's hobo-Madonna is totally different than late-90's Geisha-chic Madonna. And Purple Rain Prince is so much less Jehovah's Witness-y than Musicology Prince. The reason I know this will never come to fruition is that it involves planning, and planning is for the birds, which are apparently dead.

Ben referred me to my new favorite website, Daily Kos.

Ida is playing at the CMJ tonight in Brooklyn, which is awesome, except that I live not in Brooklyn, or even in the north for that matter. Please, Liz and Dan, please start touring again.

I got a new cell phone. It's an LG VX7000 KASLDKNKKLLI98327Y42. Or something like that.

Less than three weeks left until a) a regime change, or b) I move to France.

Oh yeah and Nick Nolte has a blog. And by blog I mean the best blog ever. Sam Shepard makes an appearance.

No comments: