Friday, October 01, 2004

I Know You Know What I'm Talking About

I didn't see the debates last night, since I was in class, but I listenend to NPR's analysis on the way home, and I have to say, President Bush sounded a wee bit like a petulant stroke victim. He was ty-ty and needed to go nighty. Kerry, on the other hand, sounded like that kid in fifth grade giving his speech on D.A.R.E., while his mother is frantically making the "Cut!" swipe across her throat. He was trying painfully hard not to be long-winded. Hey, Kerry, why the long wind?

That being said, however, Kerry wins merely because he pointed out that Osama bin Laden attacked our country, and not Saddam Hussein, and that invading Iraq after 9/11 was like invading Mexico after Pearl Harbor. I'd say at that point Kerry's balls swelled to tennis-ball size, and Bush's shrunk into tiny walnuts. Big balls win over little ones. It's nature, people. I don't make the rules.

I feel dirty just talking about politics anymore. Especially when 10,000 Sudanese are being killed a month. I realized recently that I had to take things into my own hands, and I've begun donating monthly to Amnesty International, a group very involved in the protection and betterment of the Sudanese. I encourage my readers (Mom and Annie) to do the same. It's really easy, and it's very important.

I'm Lindsay Hunter, and I approved this message.

No comments: