Tuesday, June 22, 2004

All Shook Down

I don't exactly know how I feel about this. I've always felt incredibly saddened by the girls I knew growing up and the women I know now fantasizing about their weddings, especially when there was no groom in sight. Marriage is historically a way to keep property in the same family, and sometimes brothers married sisters in order to do so. I understand the religious implications of marriage, and I even respect them, but I don't fully understand the burning need that some ladies have to get hitched. I throw a tantrum if Christmas doesn't go off exactly as I envision it, replete with Santa and warm hot chocolate smiles next to the fire, so I have absolutely no desire to find out what kind of spazz I'd become if I had to plan/star in a scary cliched wedding. [via Lindsayism]

The previous does not, in any way, imply that I love Natty Bumppo any less.

Speaking of spazzing, check out BritBrit after her mom mowed somebody down. I promised myself I wouldn't comment on this since everybody else is, but I just love this picture so much that I had to. CryFace is back and better than ever.

Lollapalooza has been cancelled. In other news, I apparently woke up in 1997 this morning.

What a huge mess.

Demi is pregnant. Maybe. She could name it Mockingbird or something.

Last night I watched Singles. What happened to Bridget Fonda? And Campbell Scott? Why, God, why? Anyway, the last time I had seen it I was thirteen. It was good to see it now that I know who Paul Westerberg is and what Xavier McDaniel meant when he said "Don't come yet Steve."

I'm sure I pretended I knew what it meant though.

No comments: