Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Mission Creek!

Quickies! wants you too, Malachai. We want you too! 
I'm heading to Iowa City April 1-2 for the Mission Creek Festival. I'll be reading at Prairie Lights Friday night with Tao Lin and Ted Thompson, and then Quickies! is joining the Mission Creek Lit Crawl Saturday at the Dublin Underground. Reading for Quickies! will be:

Jac Jemc
Zach Dodson
Steve Tartaglione
Kyle Beachy
Anthony Luebbert
Aaron Burch
Adam Novy
Amy Butcher
Jill Summers
and Roxane Gay

I am super excited about being a part of Mission Creek! If you're anywhere near the Midwest, or you have a way to steal your stepdad's frequent flyer miles to get you to Iowa City, please just quit puddlin' and do it!

Thinking I might not do any readings in May, maybe.

In other news, I've been feeling like I want to like, wear a leather minidress and stand around in my lover's penthouse apartment holding a glass of chardonnay and watching the sun set and listening to Purple Rain or this amazing fucking song on repeat before just putting my pumps back on and leaving it all behind to start a life without hairspray but with eyeglasses. I'm nostalgic for this made-up memory, is what I'm saying. I'm going to start reading The Bonfire of the Vanities, is what I'm saying.

Anyway. More to come in April. Including my birthday!

No comments: